Write for Us
- We are looking for the best writing from members of The Diamond Valley Writers Guild. You must be a member to submit.
- We accept short stories, essays, personal memoirs, poetry, book excerpts--in short, anything with literary merit. We do not accept religious, political, or erotic work.
- We prefer all submissions to be no longer than 1500 words. Any length greater than this will be considered, but has less chance getting published.
- With any work you send, please include a short personal biography, author website address, author photograph, and, if you have one, a photo or illustration that compliments your submission.
- Please send your short story, essay, personal memoir, poetry, or book excerpt as a WORD document. No PDF files
- Font: Courier. Font size: 12 point. Margins: One inch
- On the first page
- Upper left corner: Author name, email, phone number
- Upper right corner: Word count
- Centered mid-page: Title in capitals
- Below title: by Author Name
- Indent five spaces and begin the story 4 lines below the author name
- Page two, and all remaining pages
- Upper right corner: header with author last name, abbreviated story title, and page number(no page number on first page)
- Double space, but not name, contact info or page number. Do not add an additional space between paragraphs
- Use only a single space at the end of each sentence after the period and before the start of the new sentence
- Center End or The End on its own line to indicate there is no more to the story
- Photos must be jpeg
- Poetry: No rules within the text. Be creative
- We do not pay for submissions. Perhaps in the future, but for now we are the members of the non-profit Diamond Valley Writers Guild. We publish Straitjackets Magazine for the joy of sharing our work with others.
- We expect only one time rights. We will consider reprint material.
The deadline for the Fall 2018 issue is September 23, 2018.
Submit your work by sending an e-mail and attachments to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Straitjackets staff